Monday, May 23, 2016

"Stop Chasing Your Dreams"

"Stop chasing your dreams. Allow them to come to you in perfect order with unquestioned timing," (Wayne Dyer, p. 70, "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life").

I am a go-getter. When I identify something I'd like to have, or be, I am full-force going for it! In this way, I have been able to bring into my life many things I have wanted for myself, including jobs and relationships. In this way, I have also, no doubt, added unnecessary stress and worry.

As Wayne Dyer suggests, it's not up to us to "chase" our dreams. To "make them happen," contrary to popular belief today. The Universe has things under control. God has our backs. The only thing we have to do is formulate a thought, a desire, and then let it go, and let God, as they say.

I'm not saying to sit idly by, watching mindless TV shows all day, stuffing your face. You still have to put forth some effort. Apply for jobs you're interested in. Put yourself out there in the dating world. Volunteer with groups you're passionate about. Do something

But assuming you are "doing something" about whatever it is you want, that's all you can do. At that point it's in under the realm of the Universe. It's in God's hands.

                                    Image result for trust the universe quotes

So what is your vision for yourself? What kind of person do you want to be? What kind of life would you like to have?

This chapter came at the perfect time for me. If you've been reading my blog, you know I've been seeking a job as a teacher. And as much as I remind myself that everything happens for a reason, and if it's meant to be, it'll be.... it's still stressful and worrisome waiting, not knowing.

I was feeling the fear today, as an interview I had scheduled got postponed. I was feeling the fear of knowing that whether a school chooses to hire me is not in my control. The fear of not knowing what I'll be doing for work a month from now.

Then I picked up Wayne's book and began reading. When I read this chapter (15), that was it. That was the reassurance I needed. It'll all be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment