Monday, May 6, 2013

Nothing Can Keep You From Success!

I was listening to one of Marie Forleo's "MarieTV" episodes yesterday.  The one where she talked with Marianne Williamson about money.  Marianne made a comment that stuck out to me.  She said, "Jobs will come and go, but your calling is always there."  Forgive me if that's not the exact quote, but it was something like that. 

People often think of their job as "who they are."  We all know when we meet new people, typically one of the first questions is "What do you do?"  And of course they mean what's your job. 

But what you do isn't necessarily who you are.  Your job isn't necessarily your calling.
If you're unhappy in your job, you most certainly know this. 

Your "calling" is why you're here.  It's that inner, innate part of your Spirit that guides you, or tries to, and speaks to you through your desires, your heart, your gut.  When you feel passionate about something, or even interested in something, that's generally a clue to your calling. 

                                                      

I have had many jobs in my life.  For the longest time I felt like they were haphazard.  No rhyme or reason.  Each job, however different, was something that interested me at the time.  When the interest faded, I moved on.  At times I felt "flaky" because of this, and wondered why I couldn't seem to be happy sticking in one job, or even one field, for longer than a couple of years. 

Then I was at a workshop about two years ago.  The goal of the workshop was to help you identify your purpose.  Since I had no idea what mine was, I was interested in what would come up. 

What came up for me at that workshop was "My purpose is to help people see that anything is possible."  Specifically I meant that I felt my purpose was to show people they can do anything they want in their life.  You don't have to stick with the "expected" path or on the same path as you started out on.  You can do anything.  This certainly tied together my seemingly "haphazard" life up until this point.  

                                                            

Ok, great, I "identified" my purpose.  Though it still didn't resonate with me.  Or at least I still didn't know what to do with it. 

That's why it's taken about two years for that to come up inside me.  For what to actually do about my calling, my purpose.

Now I have this blog and I know I'm helping people see that they, too, can do anything in and with their lives.  And I'm excited for the next step down this path.  Even further fulfillment of my calling.  I have decided to do Marie Forleo's B School and am just waiting for the next enrollment period.

Here's one of the "Notes from the Universe" I got from tut.com recently:

"As far as I can tell, worrying about anything at all is a pretty good indicator that one has begun thinking that their joy and prosperity will somehow hinge on pending physical events, other people, or angry green Martians."

In other words, no outside event can keep you from fulfilling your true calling.  So there's no point in worrying. 

                                               

I remember waiting to hear if I got my first job as an educational sign language interpreter.  I wanted the job so badly.  I felt ready.  When I got an interview with a great school system, I was thrilled.  Excited, but nervous.  What if it didn't pan out?  What if they didn't think I was good enough? 

After the interview, which I thought went pretty well, I nervously waited.  I realized it wasn't my only shot to get into a field and a job that I wanted, but at the time, it was.  I didn't know of any other openings, and had no other interviews.  This felt like "it."  If it didn't work out, I'd be going back to substitute teaching, which quite frankly, I was getting tired of.

The days turned into weeks, I believe, as I waited to hear if I got this job.  I stressed.  I worried.    It certainly felt like my career future depended on a handful of people and whether or not they liked me and thought my interpreting ability was good enough. 

The thing is this:  Sure, people may not hire us, we may not get jobs we want... but none of that keeps us from our true calling.  If we're really meant to do something, it'll happen.  Remember the Universe always works in your favor!  Always.  So if you don't get a certain job, it's because a better one is waiting for you.  If a certain guy or gal doesn't return your calls, or a relationship ends not by your own choosing, it's the Universe watching out for you.  Someone else so much better for you is coming your way.  (By the way, I did get that job, and loved it.  That is, until I didn't love it anymore, at which point I let it go and moved on.)             

Your calling never goes away.  Nothing anyone else does will keep you from fulfilling your life's purpose.  All you need to do is keep going.  Keep listening to your gut.  Keep following your heart.

Nothing can keep you from success!  Focus on that and you'll be fine!


Additional Quotes:

                                              

                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment