Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Never Too Late to Live Happily Ever After

I have that quote up on the new vision board I created for myself.  Right in the center.  Then I pasted pictures of all the other things I'd like to manifest in my life, or things I love, around it.  Such as a loving, healthy, fulfilling, romantic relationship, financial freedom and security, success as a writer, and a finished basement and re-done bathroom. 

If you don't have everything you want in your life right now, remember that it's never too late to achieve it or get what you want. 

You've heard the story (how many can there be?) of the 90-something-year-old who graduated college and received her degree, right?  It's never too late. 

                                   

The thing you, you've gotta get started.  We all have to start somewhere. 

What dreams do you have for yourself? 
What's something you can do today to move towards those dreams? 

                                

Don't worry about practicality here.  As the quote above says, don't focus on simply doing what's needed.  Do what makes you come alive.  THAT is what's needed.  


                       

I love the quote above.  I had never heard, or seen, it before until today. 
Are you letting your memories keep you in the past, or letting your dreams pull you into the future? 

I totally get it.  As I've commented before, since my boyfriend and I broke up, I've had a few inklings that maybe I made a mistake and how he really is a good guy, maybe we could make it work.  That's me living in my memories of the good times we shared.  Me naively thinking maybe we can be like that all the time, if we just try one more time.  That's me living in the past. 

Then I remind myself of all the times I was majorly stressed and upset, about whatever.  Or even about the more minor annoyances.  And I remember that I really am happier, on the whole, now.  I'm excited for the future and what it holds.  I'm hopeful.

Living in the past, and living in our memories, is the safer way to live.  It's what you know.  You've already experienced it. 

What takes real courage is to step out.  Let the past go.  Look into the future and go forward with eagerness, excitement, and love.     
                                             
That's the other quote (there are only those two) on my current vision board. 

It's not enough to just have the dream, fantasize about it, and make vision boards. 

You have to live it.  Do it.  Take active steps towards what you want for yourself. 

Don't just let life happen.  LIVE your life!  You are the creator of your own world, your own life.  Each choice you make shapes your reality.  What choices will you make today?     


                                    

*All quotes today are from http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Quotes-to-Help-You-Follow-Your-Passion/1

Quotes of the Day:


"There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling.  It's why you were born.  And how you become most truly alive."  (Oprah Winfrey)


"Don't be trapped by dogma -- which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."  (Steve Jobs) 


"Dreams express what your soul is telling you, so as crazy as your dream might seem -- even to you -- I don't care:  You have to let that out."  (Eleni Gabre-Madhin)


"Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion.  Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."  (Franz Kafka)



2 comments:

  1. I love the quote by H. Thurman. I had seen it recently and I so resonate with it ... the thing is, for me I'm in process of finding what makes me come alive. The lack of clarity right now drives me crazy, but I do feel that everything is unfolding beautifully in Divine Order and Timing. So, I am just trusting and trying to be comfortable in the "not knowing, just exploring and being open" process. Kudos to you on the bad book review that was written. You handled it so gracefully. It is just someone's opinion after all right? I think you are a great writer, though I've only read your blog and not your book, you have a very candid and honest writing style which is so wonderful and refreshing to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marielle,

      Congrats on being in the process! At least you're there... so many people don't even try, or aren't even aware that there IS a process and they CAN come alive.

      I feel you on the lack of clarity. I've been there. Not knowing WHAT I wanted to do, only knowing I needed to make a change and do something different than what I was currently doing. For me the clarity came once I got OUT of whatever it was that I knew WASN'T for me. That, and lots of quiet "me" time to let my spirit come to the surface finally.
      But I do love the exploring phase! I know at times you just want to find "it." Whatever "it" is for you. At least that's how I felt. But I think it's important to explore, try out new things, see how you feel, and go from there.

      Thanks for the compliments! It's humbling and flattering. :)

      Sarah

      Delete