Friday, May 17, 2013

The Universe Will Provide; Be Open

The Universe will provide for you... it just may not come in the form you're expecting.  Let go of your expectations and accept with gratitude.  Open your mind and your heart to receiving all the goodness the Universe will, and already is bestowing upon you. 

                                              

If you've been reading my blog, you know I recently quit my steady part-time job in order to have "my" time back.  To pursue writing more.  And go more in the direction of my calling.  It was a leap of faith as I was giving up a steady paycheck for no paycheck at all.  At least not from a traditional job. 

                                                                

                                               

But I believed, and still believe, that I will be provided for.  Somehow.  Someway.  Just when I need it. 

That's how it's always been as long as I can remember. 

I also recently discussed in another blog post about how I'm tired of just "getting by" and am ready to live in true abundance and prosperity. 
You can check out that blog post here:  http://beyouliveyourdream.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-would-you-do-differently-if.html

So the past two days I have stopped thinking fearful thoughts in terms of money.  I've stopped worrying about every single little purchase, afraid that I won't ever see that money again.  If I truly need something, I get it.  Or even if I really would like something, I indulge myself more than I used to.  (You may remember me telling how I went and got frozen yogurt on a whim and got breadsticks...two minor purchases - but things I normally would not get because I'm that afraid of money running out and that choosy what I spend money on.)

Well anyway, get this... I began that new mindset on Tuesday.  That's when I made the decision to stop living in fear of running out of money and be more generous... both with myself and others.  To really give the Universe an opportunity to provide for me instead of insisting that I have to hold onto every dollar that comes my way because it might be the last.  So, that was two days ago. 

Wednesday I got an email from this local market research firm.  I signed up to be on their emailing list years ago and have participated in studies from time to time.  This email had three current studies, and if I liked, I could fill out online questionnaires to see if I qualified.  So I did.  And I did. 

I ended up qualifying for a study that I participated in yesterday.  Forty-five minutes of my time, and  I got paid $75. 

I could look at this as a coincidence.  But as we all know by now, there are no coincidences.  I let go of my fear of running out of money on Tuesday.  Wednesday I get an email for a study that I qualify for.  And Thursday I get paid $75.  How's that for a quick answer?

I was certainly not expecting that study to come along.  I fill out way more questionnaires for studies that I don't end up qualifying for than ones I do.  But yet it worked out this time.

Let go and open your heart to receiving from the Universe. 

                                             

Give in order to receive. 

Do all things in Love and Love will return to you. 

So many great lessons.

That last one reminds me of the chapter I read a couple days ago from "The Untethered Soul" by Michael Singer.  I had not read this book until now.  I'm about half-way through.  So far my favorite part is the chapter about being open. 

Michael tells us in his book that all we need to do is practice openness.  When we feel hurt, afraid, threatened, etc, our heart closes.  When we feel love, it opens.  And all we have to do is keep it open at all times. 

I say it like it's no big deal, but obviously it is.  It takes practice.  But it's ok to need to practice something.  It's ok to react in fear, and close your heart, when you feel threatened or afraid... and then to remind yourself to be open and live in love.  That everything is love.

This is my newest commitment to practice.  When I feel my heart close, and you can feel it, I will remind myself to open it.

                                                 

So two lessons for today:  Keep your heart open and trust that the Universe will provide for
you!  :)

                                                   

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing such a great article. Everything will be there for you. Not before not after be exactly when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing such a great article. Everything will be there for you. Not before not after be exactly when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blessing. Thank you for the reminder. The daily routines act as a distraction and make us forget that there is a higher power that has been and will continue to provide.

    ReplyDelete