Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Follow the Energy, One Step at a Time

I read a short article/story today on Henri Juntilla's blog that fits nicely with what I've been thinking and feeling lately.  I'm not sure if the story was true or not, but the message is still the same, regardless.

A man in his early 30s was unhappy in his corporate job. Despite never feeling like he fit into the traditional working world, there he found himself.  He made good money and had a secure position. But he wasn't happy. He felt like his soul was dying.

One night, unable to sleep, he decided to organize his closet (an activity he found soothing). He came across an old notebook that he had written thoughts and dreams in many years ago. He began writing in that notebook again.

The man continued to work his corporate job, but also continued to write in his notebook, as well as on a blog he started. In little ways he did things that brought him joy and peace (his writing).  Henri called it "following the bread crumbs."

Henri also reminded us that we don't have to know our passion right this minute. We don't have to figure out our life's dream before we take a single step.

If you're unhappy with an area of your life right now, just do something.  That's it.  Something.  One little thing that is in the direction of where you might want to go.  You don't have to have it ALL figured out.  Just take a step.

As Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "You don't have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step."  

After I wrote the post from yesterday, I still felt in a funk.  I had orignally sat down to work on my latest fiction novel, but decided to check out that writer's forum first.  After reading the negativity I found there, my desire to write my novel was gone.

I sat, somewhat stunned, unsure of what to do.  Then I suddenly felt the urge to work on a non-fiction book I started several months ago, but haven't touched since.  So I pulled up the file and started working on it again.  My excitement was back!  Just like that.

That's often how it is.  Excitement that we felt just moments before can suddenly vanish.  But many people stay in that place of disappointment and not knowing what to do, instead of taking another step, perhaps in a different direction.

Wayne Dyer says it too: "Follow the energy."  

Our energy is our Spirit guiding us.  Our passion.  We're all made up of energy... of Love.  Pay attention to when you feel, and don't feel, energy (aka Love) in your life.  Where you do feel the energy and interest... follow it!  Do whatever it is you feel energized to do.  And where you feel no energy, look at how you can make a change in that area.

In peace and love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment