Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Where's the Love

I'm reading a new book now:  "The Power," by Rhonda Byrne.  It's the follow-up book to "The Secret."  If you have not read it yet, all I can say it Read It!

I'm familiar with "The Secret," though it had been a while since I read the book.  And I'm finding "The Power" incredibly powerful!

If you're not familiar, the brief summary of the concept presented in the book is that we create our lives through not just our thoughts, but the feelings behind our thoughts.  And it's all grounded in Love.

So we can think a certain thought, over and over and over, but if we don't have feeling behind it, it doesn't do much good.  Yet, if we can muster a passionate feeling to support our words and thoughts, then watch out!

I've seen it happen both ways.  I'm a big believer in affirmations.  I have said affirmations that while at first it felt a little awkward and I wasn't sure I'd get whatever it was I was affirming, the more I said it, the more I believed it, and it came to pass!

An example of this is in my relationships.  Four years ago when I was single, I felt ready for "the" big relationship of my life.  I was dating, though not much, and had no one I was seriously interested in.  But I started saying the affirmation, thanking the Universe for my long-term, loving relationship.  I said the affirmation countless times, over a few months.  Then I met my now-fiance!  Would I have met him had I not been saying the affirmations?  Who knows.  But I believe it certainly helped.  I believed it "called" him into my life.

An example of it not working for me was when I said an affirmation about being a successful writer.  This was about a year ago.  I was struggling at the time and desperately wanted to "make it" as a writer, yet I didn't know how, when, or if that would happen.  I had major doubts.  But I dove into the affirmations anyway.  Unlike the affirmations I said regarding relationship, this time I never really felt it.  It always felt like a stretch, and always felt more like it wouldn't happen, than like it would happen.  And guess what?  It didn't happen.

My writing "career" took a nose-dive, causing me to look for other employment, and leading me to where I am today... working a full-time job, and trying to get back on the writing track.  I had no positive feeling behind the affirming words I was saying about becoming a successful writer.  I tried... but I couldn't seem to make myself believe it would happen.

This time it's different though.  For one, I don't feel the desperation I felt before.  My bills are paid, thanks to my steady job.  And two, I have more belief that I am meant to be a writer... and make a good living at it!

So ok... you have the thoughts and affirmations, and you have the positive feelings behind it.  How do you increase it?  How do you give those thoughts and feelings power?

Love.

That's the predominant message in the book, "The Power."  Anything we send love to, will increase and grow.

When we feel uncertain, scared, anxious, frustrated, etc, all that is is a lack of love.  And the answer to overcoming those feelings that we all feel from time to time is an influx of love.

As Rhonda Byrne instructs in the book, we can't take away our negative feelings.  They'll always pop up from time to time and that's not the problem.  When we feel anything less than good, happy, and joy, all we need to do is send a surge of love into ourselves, or into that area of our lives.

Not happy with your job?  (I've been there... quite recently in fact.)
Focus on the love you feel for your job.  Love that you have a steady income.  Love that you can pay your bills.

Not happy with a person in your life?
Focus on the love you can and do feel for them.

In relationships, it's easy to let our egos take over and want what we want.  We want to be loved.  We want to be taken care of and cherished.  We want the other person to do all this for us.  But what are we doing for them?

By sitting back and wanting to receive before we give, it won't work.  In order to receive what you want, give love first.

None of this is new.  I suspect most of you have heard this same message from at least one other source.  Wayne Dyer professes it in many of his books and talks.  Sometimes, though, we have to hear something multiple times for it to sink in and have power over us.  I know I've heard how important it is to give in order to receive, and to think positive, and all sorts of that type of message.  And I've tried to do it, with periodic success in the past.  But this time, for whatever reason, it feels different for me.

And that's my hope with this blog.  Even if you've heard these concepts before, I'm hoping that at some point, whether it's today, tomorrow, or next month, it'll feel different for you too.  It'll finally click, in entirety, and you'll be able to soar in your life and create the life of your dreams!

Step 1: Focus on the Love.

Stay tuned for further blog posts on this topic, as I continue to read and study, "The Power."  I'm excited!

In peace and love,
Sarah


















    

2 comments:

  1. Followed you here from TDL. You have such a great, inspirational blog! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete