Monday, February 18, 2013

Today is a GREAT day!

I'm sitting here thinking of all the tasks ahead of me today and feeling like I don't want to do them. 

Monday is my "errand" day, typically.  Monday is also the day I'm responsible for going to my grandma's house and getting her breakfast, then returning to get her lunch.  In between I often go to the gym to work out and go to two different grocery stores (a health food store and the regular grocery store). 

In addition, today I need to go to the pet store for more dog and cat food (and poop bags, aren't you glad I shared that), and I've decided I'm going to buy new tennis shoes for walking (all my tennis shoes are "running" shoes and since I'm not running lately due to a few physical issues I'm trying to work out, I felt I needed more cushioned, supportive shoes).

So, that's the day ahead of me.  Not only do I have all those places I need to go, I feel like I "have" to do them by a certain time.  I have to be "on schedule."  Even though there is no schedule.  It's the Type A personality coming out of me right now.   

I slept later than I normally do, therefore I'm "behind."  I'm usually at my grandma's house at such and such a time for breakfast.  Then I'm usually at the gym by such and such time.  And all the other errands would fall in line after that.  But I'm already over an hour behind "schedule."  I haven't even finished this blog yet.  Then I like to read and comment on other blogs, before starting the rest of my day.  It makes me feel like I'm starting off the day on a good note.  I'm productive already.  But now I'm behind. 

I was starting to stress about this, and still would if I let my mind go there, until I remembered it's my day.  My day to spend as I wish.  I have no appointments, per se.  Just tasks to accomplish.  No hurry.  I can relax.  It'll all be ok.

The kind of day I have is up to me.  I can choose to have a great day!  Or I can choose to be in a foul mood and begrudgingly go to all the places I need to go to.  Hmm... would I rather spend my day grumpy and annoyed, or content and peaceful? 

I'm also reminded of a church song (from my college years when I attended church regularly and was even in the choir). 
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad."

Of course you can change "Lord" to "Universe" if you prefer (which I do now).  But that's besides the point.  The point is, this day was given to me.  Given to all of us.  Let us be grateful and glad for this day! 

Let us approach whatever tasks lay ahead of us today with enthusiasm and love!  It's really our choice! 


*I especially love the second quote below.  Life really is a beautiful painting.  Each day is a work of art.  Why do we focus on the tiny annoyances when we have such beauty and love around us all the time? 


Quotes of the Day:


"It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to."  (Annie Gottlier)

“There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is intricate, detailed, a painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other, they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?” (C. JoyBell C.)



“Life is a bowl of cherries. Some cherries are rotten while others are good; its your job to throw out the rotten ones and forget about them while you enjoy eating the ones that are good! There are two kinds of people: those who choose to throw out the good cherries and wallow in all the rotten ones, and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones and savor all the good ones.”  (C. JoyBell C.) 

 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post and blog. I just shared you on my Facebook page!
    http://www.facebook.com/WonderfulQuotesonline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my website if you like perhaps you can get some good quotes and link to me:
      http://www.wonderful-quotes.com

      Delete