Thursday, March 28, 2013

Don't Rush Past This Gift

I can have a tendency to rush things.  When I feel like I know something, I want to move forward right now.  When I see something I think I'd like, I want it right now.  When I get an idea that I think is great, I want to implement it right now

It's funny, because I would have told you that I consider myself a patient person, but after reading my own paragraph that I just wrote, that speaks to the contrary.

Writing this blog helps me see myself and see life more clearly.  As I write, things come to me that I hadn't thought before.  I take it as the Universe coming up and revealing itself to me, knowing I'm ready to listen. 

                                            

As I was, just now, thinking about this blog as I wrote it, I realized that I want things right now out of fear.

Everything is based on fear or love, right? 

Love is patient.  Love is kind.  Yeah, that whole "Love is" poem is true.  I love that poem.  It's a great reminder. 

Love doens't rush.  Love doesn't skimp.  Love doesn't force or push.  Fear does. 

I'm afraid of missing something.  Afraid that if I don't jump on something I want right now, it'll pass me by.  Or time will pass me by. 

Losing time is a huge fear of mine.  I think that's why I'm so quick to jump into new opportunities and new experiences.  I want to experience as much as I can in this life while I have the time.

                                                           

Yet, I need to remember the famous quote by Lao Tzu. 

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." 

I'm part of nature. 

The Universe wouldn't let me miss out on something amazing.  It's coming.  I don't need to worry or try to get to it faster than it's meant to happen. 

                                    

Every day, every experience is a gift.  Even the slow days.  Especially the slow days.  The slow days are a reminder from the Universe to slow down

I had one of those days yesterday at work, in fact.  (And again, this is becoming apparent to me as I type this blog...very cool!).

My hours at work yesterday drug on like none other.  Usually when I'm there, the time moves pretty quickly.  There's always something to do and before I know it, it's time to go for the day.

Not yesterday.  I arrived at work at 2:00.  I worked, and felt like I had been there hours, and surely it was at least 5:00 by now.... It was 3:30.  What?  How could this be?  I've been here forever, it seemed. 

Wherever you are in your life, in your day, enjoy it.  It is a gift.

                                         

If you're unemployed right now, enjoy it.  Enjoy the free time.  Sure, the money pinching may be getting to you, but look past that.  This is a gift!  See it as such. 

If you're single right now, enjoy it.  Don't rush into the next relationship.  It'll come, it'll take form at just the right time.  Until then, you're not ready.  Accept that. 

Even if you're in a job you hate, or a relationship you're unhappy in.  It's hard for me to say "enjoy it" here, but enjoy something out of it.  You are still where you are for a reason.  There is definitely something you need to learn from your present circumstance.  Learn it.  (Then move on, and get out of unhappy situations.)        

If you're unhealthy and unfit, but working towards being healthy and in shape, enjoy the process.  Enjoy watching your body become healthy, toned, and dropping excess weight you don't want to carry any longer.

Everything is a gift.  Don't rush past your gifts.  Appreciate them.  Cherish them.  If you rush, you may very well miss something.  Don't let that happen. 

Relax, be present.  Just be. 

Everything is perfect as it is right now, for you.  Recognize that.  Trust the Universe. 

Still move in the direction of your dreams, of what you want.  But no need to rush.  Slow down and enjoy the journey. 


Additional Quotes:
                                         
                                                
   
 

1 comment: