Friday, December 21, 2012

You've been spared!

My house had hail damage a couple months ago.  That, plus the fact that my roof is just plain old, led me to contact roofers to have it replaced.  A friend had used this one particular company, I'll call them Company X.  She had good things to say about them and recommended them to me.  So I called. 

Bob (not his real name) from Company X came to my house almost immediately to look at my roof.  He assured me I would be getting a new one.  There was a lot of damage.  He contacted my insurance company, got the ball rolling, and seemed to be taking care of all the details. 

But once I got my insurance statement about what would be covered and how much they'll pay, I didn't hear from Company X or Bob. 

In my "new" way of thinking, I "let it go." I didn't try to force or push anything.  Part of this was because another friend, who also used Company X, and Bob, did not have a good experience.  They gave her all sorts of headaches and she tried to persuade me to "get out while I still could."  I was torn.  One recommendation, one anti-recommendation.  In my indecision of what to do, that's when I decided to let it go and trust that the Universe would take care of it. 

A couple weeks after my insurance came through, Bob finally called me.  He explained that Company X has a minimum amount they will do a roofing job for and unfortunately mine was below the minimum.  (Their claim is they will replace your roof for whatever the insurance will cover.)  When I posted this on my personal Facebook page, the friend of mine that had a negative experience commented, "You've been spared." 

That's when it hit me.  I had given it up to the Universe.  I had doubts about whether I should stick with Company X or bail, and now it had been taken care of for me.  I was grateful.  (Since then, I have been in contact with another roofing contractor who I really like and has given me a bid to replace my roof that is also below what my insurance covered.  So it looks like (fingers crossed) it'll all work out.) 

I had a similar "sparing" several years ago.  I was dating this guy at the time.  We hadn't been together long, but we really hit it off from the start and things progressed quickly. After a couple of months, however, I started to have my doubts about him and if this relationship was good for me after all.  But being the non-confrontational person that I am, I didn't say anything to this guy. 

Instead, I talked to the Universe.  I said how I wasn't sure, that I didn't know what to do.  And I asked, quite literally, to take it out of my hands.  If I'm not meant to be with him, please do something so that I'm not with him anymore.  Make it obvious. 

Just a couple weeks later I got the answer I asked for.  This guy stopped calling.  Out of the blue.  Things had been going fine, more or less... or so I thought.  He told me he would call me on a certain day, and he just didn't.  I was upset at first.  Or rather, my ego was upset.  I had been rejected.  But in actuality, I had been spared.  I didn't chase after this guy.  I didn't call him again.  I let it be.  I accepted the answer I got and thanked the Universe for it. 

(On a side note, I did drive by his apartment one time just to make sure his car was still there and nothing bad had happened to him.) 

It's best to open your heart to accept the goodness of the Universe.  It's working FOR YOU, after all!


Quotes of the Day:
 
When in doubt, give, let them have it, surrender, make peace.
When there's no doubt, give, let them have it, surrender, make peace.  (tut.com)


Whenever something doesn't work out the way you thought it would, instead of thinking that something went wrong, see it as something that went unexpectedly well, but for reasons that are not yet apparent.
Everything plays to your favor.  (tut.com)







No comments:

Post a Comment